Hello everyone, today we will discuss “How to Access Linux Server from Windows“. There are different ways to register on a public computer of the faculty via the internet or network. In any case, you need the exact IP address or the full domain name of the computer. Remote Desktop Protocol is a proprietary protocol developed by Microsoft which provides a user with a graphical interface to connect to another computer over a network connection. The user employs RDP client software for this purpose, while the other computer must run RDP server software.
What is Linux?
Linux is an open-source Unix-like operating system based on the Linux kernel, an operating system kernel first released on September 17, 1991, by Linus Torvalds. Linux is typically packaged as a Linux distribution.
Most common software that uses SSH –
- Windows SSH
Let Access Linux Server
- Download Putty from the official website – PUTTY
- Now go to the Downloads Folder, double-click and run the software for installation.
- Now go through the default installation process.
- After finishing the installation process, Open your Putty software from your Programs.
- Enter the IP Address of your target Linux server you wish to connect from a windows machine over the network. Make sure port number “22” and connection type “SSH” are specified in the box. After this Click “Open”.
- If everything is ok, enter the correct username and password. It will connect your Linux server successfully.